* Register in your age group at Save-On-Foods Cranbrook between September ? & ?.
* Races start approximately 2:00 p.m. near the Band Stand
* With your entry you have a chance to win 1 of 12 prizes at the fair!
All cars must start by gravity from a stand still, at the starting point. No pushing is allowed. To finish, the car whose nose is the first to cross the finish line is the winner. The race official(s) will decide the winner, and if the result is too close to call, a second race will be run. If any car leaves the track the race can be restarted. If the same car leaves again, the car is eliminated.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR VEHICLES
Overall width of wheels is not to exceed 27 cm. The maximum distance between wheels is 7 cm ( this is to ensure your car stays on the track!
Overall length is not to exceed 25 cm.
The car shall not ride on springs.
1. The vehicles should be built by the racer.
2. Vehicles should be constructed using a whole, freshly carved zucchini. Moldy cars will probably fall apart. Absolutely no motors, rubber bands, or mechanical aids. All power will be supplied by the ramp.
3. Vehicles should either have wheels securely attached through the zucchini body or have the zucchini securley attached to a wheeled platform. Make sure the the overall size of the car meets the requirements.
4. Decorate your vehicle!
5. Have fun! After all, this is what this is all about.
5 to 7
8 to 10
11 to 13
14 and over
1. Lightweights up to .5 kg
2. Heavyweights over .5 kg